Welcome to Tweeterest Uk   Click to listen highlighted text! Welcome to Tweeterest Uk Powered By GSpeech

Articles

Premier League transfer news: Koscielny, Zaha, Alves, Milinkovic-Savic

Laurent Koscielny, Arsenal
Description 
Laurent Koscielny, Arsenal
Description 

French defender Laurent Koscielny has struggled with injuries

Credits 
Shaun Botterill/Getty
Alt Text 
Laurent Koscielny, Arsenal

Arsenal defender 'mutiny' as Gunners given renewed hope of signing winger

One-Minute Read
Friday, July 12, 2019 - 8:05am
Koscielny’s French farce

The future of Arsenal captain Laurent Koscielny is up in the air after he “sensationally refused to travel for the club’s pre-season tour of the USA”. The Sun says that Unai Emery has been left stunned by the act of mutiny, which is believed to be an attempt by Koscielny to force a move to France, and he will likely strip the veteran of the captaincy.

See related 
Premier League transfer news: Costa, Zaha, Ozil, Higuain, Vazquez, Ceballos, Fernandes

Furthermore, says the Sun, furious Arsenal officials will slap the rebel with a huge fine and “force him to train with the kids”, otherwide known as the Under-23 squad. Koscielny’s extraordinary stance is an early test for Edu, 24 hours after he was appointed the club’s new technical director. The Sun says that he will “liaise with head of football Raul Sanllehi and the club’s legal and HR teams about what action to take against Koscielny”. The Frenchman has taken a risk in refusing to board the plane because he still has a year to run on his contract, and Arsenal could force him to see out those 12 months, not healthy for a 33-year-old with a lengthy injury record.

Peeved at Pay cut

According to the Daily Mirror Koscielny’s act of sedition was caused by his “upset” at being made to take a pay-cut. Currently on a £120,000-a-week deal, the Frenchman wanted an extension and “had held discussions with the club about getting an extra 12 months”. The Mirror says that Koscielny was offered a new two year deal by Arsenal “but because of his injury record they offered a lower basic salary which included performance-related pay based on appearances and the option for a free transfer next summer”. That left him allegedly angry and with Bordeaux offering him a three-year deal he now wants out of the Emirates.

Where’s Zaha?

Better news for Arsenal fans from Talksport with their report that the Gunners have been given “fresh hope” in their pursuit of Crystal Palace star Wilfried Zaha. At the launch of their new away kit, the Eagles made no reference to Zaha, despite the fact his face normally shifts more shirts than any other Palace player. Talksport believe his absence from the promotional video means Palace “may be resigned to losing him”.

Alves to City

Man City are plotting what The Sun describes as “an audacious move” for free agent Dani Alves. The 36-year-old right-back is currently without gainful employment after his Paris Saint-Germain contract expired. Taking its cure from Brazilian outlet Globoesporte, the Sun claims that Alves is on his way to Europe from South America “to listen to two offers from clubs”. One of those clubs is said to be City, where manager Pep Guardiola is keen to reacquaint himself with Alves having spent four seasons with him at Barcelona.

United look to Lazio

A £71m bid is on its way from Old Trafford to Lazio, writes the Daily Star, with Man Utd hopeful their “audacious” offer will win them the hand of Sergej Milinkovic-Savic. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer believes that the Serbian midfielder is the man to replace Ander Herrera, who left Man Utd earlier this month for Paris St Germain, and Sky Sport Italia claim that United “are now in talks with Lazio”.

United close in on Longstaff

Newcastle are on the verge of letting Sean Longstaff leave for Old Trafford. With Steve Bruce to be appointed manager after Rafael Benitez’s departure, Longstaff is on the verge of being sold to United. The fee could be as high as £50m. (Caughtoffside)

But Maguire deal off

United have have refused to meet Leicester’s £90m asking price for Harry Maguire and appear set to drop their interest in the England defender for the second summer in a row and focus on alternative targets instead. A bid of £70m was reportedly turned down last week. (Daily Express)

Coutinho Anfield return?

Barcelona are set to scupper Philippe Coutinho’s hopes of a return to Liverpool. The Anfield club are reportedly open to a deal for their former midfielder, if the price is right, but Barcelona want to use him as a makeweight in a deal with Paris Saint-Germain for Neymar. (Daily Mirror)

PSG's Sane alternative

Man City star Leroy Sane could be top of PSG’s wishlist if Neymar does leave the French capital this summer. The 23-year-old winger has been linked with a move away from Premier League champions this summer after failing to agree a new deal. (Daily Star)

Arsenal transfer news Man Utd transfer news Man City transfer news

Read more

Login Form

Click to listen highlighted text! Powered By GSpeech